The County of Annapolis supplies water to and operates four water treatment plants in Margaretsville, Bridgetown, Granville Ferry, and Cornwallis Park.
Bridgetown Hydrant Flushing - September 25th to October 6th
Our staff continuously monitor water treatment protocols as set out by Nova Scotia Environment. Municipal Staff collect test samples on a weekly basis for bacterial analysis at an independent lab and report all results to Nova Scotia Environment. Inspections and repairs are carried out to all plants and systems as needed, and a computerized monitoring system scans each system 24 hours a day and immediately alerts our staff to any issues that may arise. In addition, Operations staff are available by phone 24 hours a day to respond to service interruptions.
Lead and Copper water testing program Click Here
Permanent Water Connection
If you are building in an area of County water service and would like to request to be connected to the system please print fill out this form here: Click Here
The application and payment can be submitted to the Annapolis Royal Municipal Administration Office, 752 St. George Street, Annapolis Royal (All Service Areas)
Temporary and Seasonal Water Connections and Disconnections
If you require a temporary disconnection due to service work, or a seasonal disconnection/connection, please call or visit our office to request this service 902-532-2331. We do require two working days notice to ensure staff availability. You will need to ensure that your account is paid in full to have access to this service, and please be aware of a $50 disconnection fee. As per our policy, only the property owner can make these requests.
Water Testing and Reports
- Bridgetown Testing Click Here
- Bridgetown Annual Report Click Here
- Cornwallis Testing Click Here
- Cornwallis Annual Report Click Here
- Granville Ferry Testing Click Here
- Granville Ferry Annual Report Click Here
- Margaretsville Testing Click Here
- Margaretsville Annual Report Click Here
Water System Maps:
- Margaretsville Water System: Click Here
- Bridgetown Water System: Click Here
- Granville Ferry Water System: Click Here
- Cornwallis Park Water System: Click Here
- County of Annapolis Water Infrastructure Click Here
Water billing takes place quarterly. Bills are mailed out to customers by post. Overdue accounts of 30 days will be subject to an interest charge . If a bill remains unpaid for more than 40 days the service can be disconnected.
If you are a current water customer and have a concern or question about your bill or payments please contact the Finance Department at 902-532-2331.
There are several methods to conveniently pay your water bill.
- In person at Annapolis Royal (752 St. George Street) County Office using cash, cheque, or debit.
- Local financial institutions- check with your bank directly to confirm availability.
- Online Banking through your financial institution.
For information and resources on your private well, please visit Nova Scotia Environment’s website: Click Here
Source Water Protection Plans:
Bridgetown Source Water Protection Plan: Click Here
Margaretsville Source Water Protection Plan: Click Here
Cornwallis Park Source Water Protection Plan: Click Here
Bridgetown Water System: Click Here