Councillor and Chief Administrative Officer Expenses

Municipalities are required by the Municipal Government Act to report travel, meals and professional development expenses.

Travel expenses include, but are not limited to, accommodations, transportation and incidentals. Professional development expenses include, but are not limited to course registration fees.  

Members of council shall be reimbursed for travel expenses incurred in order to attend Council and Committee meetings or meeting of any organization to which they have been appointed by council. Reimbursement shall be at the rates contained in AM-1.8-1 Travel and Expenses Policy. The rate per kilometer shall be for actual distance travelled once each day to go to, and return from, every daily session of a meeting of the council or of a committee.