COUNTY OF ANNAPOLIS PRE-AUTHORIZED PAYMENT PLAN Option OneRecurring Payment Program Tax/Sewer
This program can serve as a substitute for customers who currently prepay their taxes or pay their taxes via post-dated cheques. This will save these customers both the cost of their cheques and postage while adding convenience.
To assist in budgeting; this program is used to make continuous monthly payments on your accounts from one year to the next.
Interest will be charged on outstanding balances as normally applicable.
The agreement on the application must be signed indicating the monthly amount and date to be withdrawn. The amount will be automatically transferred from your financial institution to your account(s) with us. You will receive your regular billings to maintain your payment records.Option TwoTax/Sewer Due Date Program
This program allows the customer to pay their taxes/sewer charges on the due date each year by signing an agreement to withdraw the actual amount of the current year’s bill.
The tax/sewer account must be paid in full prior to the agreement and the date of withdrawal will be the due date. An invoice will be issued to you at least ten (10) days prior to the due date indicating the date and amount to be withdrawn.
The Municipality of the County of Annapolis regrets to inform its water customers that this program is not currently available for payment of water accounts. Therefore, if your sewer is included in your water bill we cannot offer this service to you. However, you can still take advantage of the property tax payment options.*Please see our payment calculator in the upper right corner of this page to determine what your payments may be, using the months remaining in the billing year. Terms and Conditions
1. This authorization may be cancelled at any time upon notice by me/us. I/We acknowledge that, in order to revoke this authorization, I/we must provide notice of revocation to THE MUNICIPALITY OF THE COUNTY OF ANNAPOLIS at least ten (10) calendar days before the due date of Preauthorized Payment Plan (PAP).
2. I/We acknowledge that provision and delivery of this authorization to THE MUNICIPALITY OF THE COUNTY OF ANNAPOLIS constitutes delivery by that bank/financial institution. Any delivery of this authorization to you constitutes delivery by me/us.
3. I/We acknowledge that this authorization is provided for the benefit of THE MUNICIPALITY OF THE COUNTY OF ANNAPOLIS and any such bank/financial institution is provided in consideration of bank/financial institution agreeing to process debits against my account in accordance with the Rules of the Canadian Payments Association.
4. THE MUNICIPALITY OF THE COUNTY OF ANNAPOLIS will provide, for fixed amount Preauthorized Debit (PADs), written notice of the amount to be debited and the due date(s) of debiting, at least ten (10) calendar days before the due date of the first PAD, and such notice shall be received every time there is a change in the amount or payment date(s); or, with respect to variable amount PADs, written notice from the Payee of the amount to be debited and the due date(s) of debiting, at least ten (10) calendar days before the due date of every PAD.
5. I/We undertake to inform THE MUNICIPALITY OF THE COUNTY OF ANNAPOLIS, in writing, of any change in the account information provided in this authorization ten (10) calendar days prior to the next due date of the PAD.
6. I/We acknowledge that bank/financial institution is not required to verify that a PAD has been issued in accordance with the particulars of my/our authorization including, but not limited to, the amount.
7. I/We acknowledge that bank/financial institution is not required to verify that any purpose of payment for which the PAD is issued has been fulfilled by THE MUNICIPALITY OF THE COUNTY OF ANNAPOLIS as a condition to honouring a PAD issued or caused to be issued by THE MUNICIPALITY OF THE COUNTY OF ANNAPOLIS on my/our account.
8. Revocation of this authorization does not terminate any contract for goods or services that exists between me/us and THE MUNICIPALITY OF THE COUNTY OF ANNAPOLIS. My/Our authorization applies only to the method of payment and does not otherwise have any bearing on the contract for goods or services exchanged.
9. A PAD may be disputed by me/us under the following conditions:
(i) the PAD was not drawn in accordance with my/our Authorization; or
(ii) the authorization was revoked; or
(iii) pre-notification was not received.
I/We, in order to be reimbursed, acknowledges that a declaration must be completed and presented to the bank/financial institution holding my/our account up to and including 90 calendar days in the case of a personal household PAD (or up to and including ten (10) business days in the case of a business PAD), after the date on which the PAD in dispute was posted to my/our account.
I/We acknowledge that a claim on the basis that my/our authorization was revoked, or any other reason, is a matter to be resolved solely between THE MUNICIPALITY OF THE COUNTY OF ANNAPOLIS and me/us when disputing any PAD after [90 calendar days in the case of a personal/household PAD or 10 business days in the case of a business PAD].
*** If your PAP is returned as uncollectible, a fee of $25.00 is applied to your account. Also, under the Canadian Payment Association regulations two NSF automatic debits and you are removed from the program.CLICK HERE
for the paper copy of this form to be completed and returned.