Staying Informed - click a tab to view more details
New Information Posted To This Site
- Come Join us for Winter Fun at the Valley Exhibition Grounds Feb 21st!
- Employment Opportunity - Term Returning Officer
- Approval - Solid Waste - Waste Transfer Station Highway 201, West Paradise, Annapolis County
- Tax Sale February 20, 2020
- Tax Exemption
- Public Emergency Alert Test - Wednesday, November 27, 2019 @ 1:55PM
- Blizzards, Severe Winter Storms and Power Outages
- Free Snowshoe and Walking Pole Loan-out Program this Winter!
- Committee Appointments 2018-20
- Tips and Information for Winter Weather, Travel and Safety in the County of Annapolis (Important Info. links and #s included)
The following two programs can provide financial assistance for sport and recreation opportunities to children and youth.
KidSport Annapolis/Digby Chapter can assist children and youth registering in sports that have member associations at Sport Nova Scotia, with up to $300.00 per year for registration and/or equipment costs. There are qualifying levels of family income (depending on family size) and proof of income must be supplied by the applying family before funding can be approved. The KidSport Program is administered every two months with application deadlines of: January 1st, March 1st, May 1st, July 1st, September 1st and November 1st in effect each year.
The Canadian Tire JumpStart program can assist children and youth under 19 years with up to $150.00 per application for registration costs of any active recreation or sports program. There are qualifying levels of family income (depending on family size) and proof of income must be supplied by the applying family before funding can be approved. The JumpStart Program is administered every two months with application deadlines of: January 1st, March 1st, May 1st, July 1st, September 1st and November 1st in effect each year.
Each program requires an application be filled out:
Kidsport Annapolis/Digby Chapter (KidSport Application Click Here)
JumpStart (JumpStart Info and application Click here)
For more information on these programs please contact one of our Annapolis/Digby committee members:
County of Annapolis
Nadine Barteaux, Communications Coordinator
271 Granville Street, PO Box 609
Bridgetown, NS B0S 1C0
Digby Area Recreation Office Second Floor of Digby Arena
Cindy O’Neil, Administrative Assistant
27 Shreve Street, PO Box 1269
Digby, NS B0V 1A0
Middleton Recreation Office
131 Commercial Street, PO Box 340
Middleton, NS B0S 1P0
Department of Community Services
84 Warwick St., PO Box 399
Digby, NS B0V 1A0
(902) 245-5811 or
5494 Granville Road, PO Box 39
Annapolis Royal, NS B0S 1A0
532-2337 or 825-3100
Both of these programs also accept donations. All the money that is donated comes back to support local community children and youth! Make Annapolis/Digby Chapter KidSport & JumpStart your charity of choice now!