Council Highlights: October 20, 2015
October 20, 2015
· A Letter of Support will go to the Annapolis County 4-H Council in support of hosting the 4-H Pro Show in 2017.
· Staff will work with Bridgetown Area Community Fund Board so the Municipality may provide tax receipts to only those individual organizations who do not hold registered charitable status.
· Bear River Economic Development Society will be exempt of the outstanding 2015 sewer tax in the amount of $1,397.70, plus interest, due to a disruption in the sewer service.
· Approved grant to Annapolis Valley Ridge Runner Snowmobile Club in the amount of $3,266.
· $90,000 from Capital Fire Reserve Fund in the 2015-16 fiscal year was released to the Lawrencetown Volunteer Fire Department.
· Uncashed cheques from 2013-14 ($2,000) and 2014-15 ($2,000) will be replaced to the Annapolis County Fire Services Association.
· Four community citizen engagement (planning) sessions at four different locations throughout the County will be scheduled to discuss strategic priorities. The Strategic Planning Committee will select a Moderator.
· Staff will develop financing and cost options for the installations of LED streetlights in the community of Paradise.
· Use of $25,000 from the Water Utility Reserve was approved for cleaning the Cornwallis Park reservoir.
· A Letter of Appreciation will be forwarded to Mr. Greg Kerr thanking him for his years of service as Southwest Nova MP.
· Annapolis Municipal Housing Corporation (ACMHC) - Council waived by resolution the restriction regarding consecutive appointments.
Citizens appointed to ACMHC - Judith Perry, Mary Steele, Carol Ward and Shaun Tanassee for an additional two-year term ending November 30, 2017.
· A letter will be forwarded to Mr. Hague Vaughan accepting, with regret, his resignation from the Planning Advisory Committee.
· Basinview Centre, Cornwallis Park: The Municipal Clerk and the Warden were authorized to sign two, separate agreements between the County of Annapolis and Direct Cash Payments Inc. (ATM); and the County of Annapolis and JDL Ascetics and Gel Nails.
· A Letter of Support will be provided to the Annapolis Valley Exhibition regarding their request for funding from Heritage Canada for a summer festival being planned for 2016.
- Letter of Recognition will go to Mr. Kirk Lycett who was recently awarded the Pfizer Consumer Healthcare Bowl of Hygeia Award from the Pharmacy Association of Nova Scotia (PANS).